A pomegranate and pear salad is a refreshing dish that’s easy to make with just a little bit of prep work picking a pomegranate, slicing a pear, and making dressing. The rest is just combining ingredients.
An arugula pear pomegranate salad goes well with a vinaigrette, and this one is an easy go-to homemade vinaigrette that you can whisk together quickly. You’ll likely find you have most ingredients on hand already.
The key to dressing salads well is to toss the lettuces and a few key ingredients with the dressing beforehand, then add the other ingredients as a topping. That way, you get even bites of dressed lettuce, but not too much at once.
For this homemade vinaigrette, you’ll need olive oil, champagne vinegar (or apple cider vinegar), a dollop of mustard and some salt and pepper.
Pear and pomegranate salads are colorful festive dishes that are also nutritious. Like with most salads, you can eat pear pomegranate salads as one large entrée or as a smaller side dish. This recipe for pear pomegranate goat cheese salad serves about four small sides or two main dishes, but you can adjust it accordingly to fit your needs.
The salad is also called rocket pear and pomegranate salad. Rocket is just another name for arugula, which is the type of lettuce that is used, a peppery lettuce.
Pomegranate and Pear Salad
- 1 Mixing Bowl
- Cutting board
- 1 Tblsp Olive oil
- 1/3 Cup Champagne vinegar (or Apple Cider)
- 1 Tsp Mustard
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 6 Cups Arugula lettuce
- 1 Pear
- 1/4 Cup Pomegranate seeds
- 1-2 Ounce Goat cheese
- 2 Tblsp Chopped pecans
- 1 Tsp Balsamic glaze (Balsamic reduction)
- Make the dressing by whisking together the olive oil, champagne (or apple cider) vinegar, salt and pepper.
- Place the arugula lettuce in a large bowl and toss to coat the leaves with the dressing. Mix in the chopped pecans and most of the pomegranate seeds, reserving a sprinkling to top the salad.
- Core pear and cut into small cubes or slices. Sprinkle pear pieces on top of the arugula lettuce with vinaigrette dressing. Then, top with pinches of goat cheese and the remaining pomegranate seeds and drizzle with balsamic glaze. Add ground pepper to taste.
Pomegranate Pear Salad Dressing
The best pomegranate pear salad dressing will be a type of vinaigrette in most cases. For example, you can use a honey mustard vinaigrette with these ingredients: 1/4 cup olive oil, 2 Tablespoons champagne vinegar (or apple cider vinegar), 1 teaspoon dijon mustard and 1 Tablespoon honey.
To make a pomegranate vinaigrette, you can substitute pomegranate juice for vinegar in a vinaigrette recipe. You can buy pomegranate juice in the store or try squeezing the pomegranate seeds for fresh pomegranate juice.