A strawberry lime vinaigrette is an ideal salad dressing recipe for the summer when strawberries are fresh and flavorful.￼
Homemade strawberry vinaigrette is easy to make, and is by far better than the strawberry vinaigrette you buy in a store. When you have a food processor and all the ingredients on hand, the recipe for creamy strawberry spinach salad dressing is only just a matter of minutes and well worth it.
Also try: Spinach Salad with Red Onion Vinaigrette
How to make strawberry lime vinaigrette
Start by getting your ingredients together for your strawberry lime vinaigrette, including a shallot, a lime, some strawberries.
Next prepare your strawberries and lime. Just cut the stems off the strawberries and then cut them in half.
With the lime, first zest the lime. Then use a lemon/lime juicer to juice the lime, which will result in 1 – 2 tablespoons of lime juice.
Next slice of shallot and half lengthwise and cut into small pieces.
Then add the strawberries, chopped shallot. lime juice, lime zest, and the remaining ingredients **with the exception of the olive oil** to the food processor and blend until well mixed, about 20 seconds.
Add the olive oil little by little, mixing again and again. Or you can keep your food processor on and drizzle the olive oil into the strawberries as you emulsify the strawberry lime vinaigrette dressing.
For the final steps of the the strawberry spinach salad dressing recipe, you can transfer your dressing to the container you want to serve it in. You may need to use a funnel if you’re transferring it to a narrow bottle.
You can keep your strawberry vinaigrette in the refrigerator for about 2 to 3 weeks and use on salads as you need it.
Also try: Pomegranate and Pear Salad
Strawberry Lime Vinaigrette
- food processor
- 1 cup fresh strawberries, halved
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1/2 shallot, chopped
- 1 tablespoon honey
- ½ tablespoon sugar
- 3 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- ¼ olive oil
- Wash strawberries and pat dry. Destem the strawberries and cut into halves. Zest and juice one lime.Put 1 cup of strawberries in a food processor.
- Add the remaining ingredients with the exception of the olive oil. Include both the juice from one lime and the lime's zest. Blend the strawberries and other ingredients on high until well blended.
- Drizzel in some of the olive oil and blend again. Repeat this process a few times until you have used all your olive oil. If your food processor allows you to add ingredients while you are blending, you can drizzle the olive oil directly to emulsify.
- Use a funnel to pour into your preferred salad dressing container. You can use strawberry lime vinaigrette as a salad dressing for strawberry spinach salad or for other salads.