Cold fruit soup is the perfect recipe for a hot summer day. This is a fun and colorful dish that kids will love, but it’s also a tasty way to eat fresh fruit.
It starts with a base of chilled watermelon soup, and then adds berries and cantaloupe. Topped with feta and mint and of course a little bit of chili spice. It’s such an easy dish to assemble!
Here’s how to do it step-by-step with a few tips.
Making Cold Watermelon Soup
The base of the soup is watermelon juice, which you get by blending chunks of watermelon. Cut up about 4 to 5 cups of watermelon and then add about 2 cups to a blender. You’re going to want to work in small batches to get the watermelon to blend easily.
Pulse the watermelon pieces in the blender, and then when they liquefy add a few more chunks until the entire batch is complete. Then, filter the juice through a wire mesh strainer and chill it in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes.
Tip: Shake the strainer to filter the watermelon juice more quickly.
For this watermelon mint soup recipe you’re going to use one cup of watermelon juice for each bowl. And this recipe makes two bowls, so you’re going to need 2 cups of the juice.
Gather your other main ingredients for the fruit soup recipe. That includes: blackberries, raspberries, cantaloupe, feta cheese, a lime, and fresh mint.
For each bowl of fresh fruit soup you will use:
- 1 cup watermelon juice
- Juice from 1/2 lime (About 1 tablespoon)
- 1/2 cup finely chopped cantaloupe
- 1/2 cup raspberries
- 1/4 cup blackberries
- 1 ounce feta cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon of chili pepper
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped fresh mint
Squeeze the juice of 1/2 of a lime into 1 cup of watermelon juice. Then chop the cantaloupe into small spoon-size pieces.
How to Serve Chilled Fruit Soup
Top the soup with feta crumbles, and finally chopped mint herbs. Simply serve fruit soup in a bowl, cold with a spoon.
Avoid using the feta crumbles in the store. They are very dry and bland compared to fresh feta. Instead buy a block of fresh feta and crumble it yourself.
Fruit Soup With Chili Lime
- 4 – 5 cups cubed watermelon
- 1 lime
- ½ teaspoon chili powder
- 2 cups cantaloupe
- 1 cup raspberries
- ½ cup blackberries
- 2 ounces feta cheese
- 1 sprig fresh mint
- Place cubed watermelon pieces in a blender and pulse until liquified. Strain watermelons in a wire mesh strainer. Cool watermelon juice in refrigerator at least one hour. Use one cup of watermelon per bowl of fruit soup. This recipe makes 2 bowls of soup, one at a time.
- Use a juicer to add the juice of 1/2 lime to each bowl. Add ¼ teaspoon of chili powder to each bowl and gently stir.
- Finely chop the cantaloupe and add 1/2 to each bowl. Add ½ cup of washed raspberries and ¼ cup of washed blackberries to each bowl.
- Crumble 1 ounce of feta cheese into each bowl. Top with finely chopped fresh mint.