A watermelon vinaigrette recipe is very easy to make, and it goes excellent with a bit of lime juice. It’s the perfect dressing for a traditional lettuce salad like a spinach salad, or for a fruit salad.
Sweeten watermelon vinaigrette salad dressing with a bit of honey and add some apple cider or white wine vinegar for more acidity.
Here’s how to make a watermelon lime vinaigrette dressing step-by-step.
Making Watermelon Dressing for Salad
This watermelon lime vinaigrette recipe starts by preparing watermelon lime juice. To make it, cut some watermelon into cubes. Put a few cups of cubed watermelon in a blender then pulse to liquify. If your cubes don’t blend easily, you may have to readjust the pieces then blend again.
Use a wire mesh strainer to strain out the pulp from the watermelon juice. To do that, place the strainer over a mixing bowl and then pour the watermelon purée into it. You may need to shake the strainer a bit to get the juices flowing.
Then juice limes by cutting them in half and using a lime juicer.
Whisk together the watermelon juice, lime juice, apple cider vinegar, and honey to create your watermelon lime vinaigrette. You can also do this in the blender to emulsify it more quickly.
***Tip: You can use a balsamic vinegar for a watermelon lime vinaigrette, but keep in mind your dressing will be a brown color. If you want the pink shades of watermelon, use white wine or apple cider vinegar.
Serve this watermelon salad dressing over a spinach salad, other lettuce salad or over a fruit salad. Of course, it’s delicious served over fresh watermelon pieces!
- Mixing Bowl
- wire mesh strainer
- 1 -2 cups cubed watermelon
- 1 lime
- 1 tablespoon white wine (or apple cider) vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- Blend cubed watermelon pieces in a blender until they have liquified. Use a wire mesh strainer over a mixing bowl to removed the watermelon pulp. Take ½ cup of the filtered watermelon juice and add it back to the blender.
- Juice 1 lime to yield about 2 tablespoons of lime juice. Add the lime juice to the blender.
- Add 1 tablespoon each of apple cider vinegar and honey to the blender. Mix the watermelon vinaigrette until emulsified. Transfer to a serving bottle for use on salads and fruit salads.