Hoisin marinade for chicken is a recipe that is easy to make to take your chicken to the next level and beyond an olive oil coating. Honey, soy sauce and rice vinegar are among the key ingredients that make this hoisin chicken recipe full of rich flavor.
Hoisin sauce marinade is a good base for a sticky hoisin chicken recipe. Simply mix the ingredients together with a whisk or a fork, and let your chicken sit in this marinade for a while, at least 10 minutes and up to overnight in the refrigerator.
Hoisin sauce is a dark condiment that is common in Chinese dishes. It is sweet, thick, and dark, and can be used for dipping Or as an ingredient in a honey soy hoisin marinade for chicken.
Marinated hoisin chicken has so many uses in cooking different dishes. In this recipe, it’s used to make hoisin chicken bites to top a salad made simple chopped Bibb lettuce, green scallions, and pepper. The marinade includes a bit of grated ginger which is a great addition to honey- and soy-based marinades.
Another use, as you’ll see below, is to use this flavorful hoisin marinated chicken to make a mayonnaise-based creamy chicken salad to use with green lettuce for an Oriental chicken wrap.
You can use also this honey soy sauce recipe for a hoisin steak marinade or for pork with hoisin sauce marinade. The potential uses are limitless.
Hoisin Marinade for Chicken
- 2 Bowls
- 1 Whisk
- 1 Frying pan
- 1 Large spoon
- 3 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1 Tablespoon honey
- ½ Tablespoon rice vinegar
- 3 Tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 1 Tablespoon soy sauce
- ½ Tablespoon grated ginger
- 1 lb chicken
- In one bowl, whisk together the hoisin marinade ingredients: olive oil, honey, rice vinegar, hoisin sauce, soy sauce and grated ginger.
- Add chicken to a bowl and then top with the hoisin marinade and stir to coat. For hoisin chicken bites, cut the chicken breasts or chicken tenders into cubes. Let the chicken marinade for at least 20 minutes or overnight in the refrigerator.
- Cook the chicken with hoisin marinade as you would normally cook your chicken. You can pan fry chicken bites for 5 – 6 minutes until cooked through and until the internal temperature reaches 165 degrees.
- Serve chicken with hoisin marindate with salad, pasta, rice or on its own.
What Is Hoisin Sauce?
Ingredients for hoisin sauce include sugar, soy beans, salt, garlic, chili pepper, sesame seeds, and different spices. Is there honey in hoisin sauce? Yes hoisin sauce often has honey included in its ingredients as well.
Hoisin sauce has a unique flavor that is difficult to get with other types of sauces, but you can make your own. The flavor is both savory and sweet at the same time and can make a good dipping sauce as well as a glaze for pork, steak, or chicken.
Use Hoisin Marinade for an Oriental Chicken Salad Wrap
You can also use this hoisin marinade for chicken to make an Oriental chicken salad wrap.
First, make the Oriental chicken salad mixing 2 cups chopped chicken with hoisin honey marinade, 1 chopped green onion, 1/3 cup mayo, 3 Tablespoons chopped white onion and salt and pepper to taste. Roll in a softened tortilla with chopped butter lettuce or Bibb lettuce.