No one can keep their paws off these little bacon wrapped chicken bites.
This bacon wrapped chicken appetizer recipe calls for only a few ingredients, making it a fast and easy appetizer for your next party.
These apps aren’t too heavy — they are just light juicy nuggets of chicken wrapped in just a third of a piece of bacon. The spice on the chicken pieces as well as the glaze on the bacon give them a great savory-sweet balance.
This particular bacon wrapped chicken bites recipe is the easy way, and they turn out wonderful. If you have extra time, you can pre-bake the bacon for about 10 minutes so that the bacon wrapping is even crunchier.
Of course, that means one more pan to clean and 10 more minutes to your cooking time, so it’s not always the best way. Again, this recipe is a winner even without that extra move.
If you do want to add a little extra crisp to your bacon when you’re finished baking the chicken bites, you can blast it with some hi broil in the oven for a bit. Try that for a few minutes at the end!
Don’t worry about the toothpicks buring — they’ll be fine. But if you are nervous, you can soak them in water beforehand.
You can make your own spin on bacon wrapped chicken bites by substituting the brown sugar glaze with your favorite barbecue sauce. Or sprinkle the glazed bacon with a little cayenne pepper for a little kick.
Other Bacon & Bev recipes to try:
- How to Make Candied Bacon with a Spicy Kick
- Bacon Jam for Crackers, Apples or Burgers
- Stuffed Mushroom Dish with Bacon
Bacon Wrapped Chicken Bites
- Baking Pan
- Aluminum Foil
- 1.5 lb Chicken Breast
- 1 lb Bacon
- 3 Tbl Light Brown Sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp Black Pepper
- 1 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1 tsp Onion Powder
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Chop bacon slices into three section. For regular packages of bacon, you can simply make three slices into the slab to create one-third pieces.
- Cut chicken breasts into small cubes, about 1 inch by 1 inch.
- Toss chicken breast pieces with spices (onion powder, garlic powder, salt and pepper).
- Wrap each piece of chicken with a 1/3 bacon slice and secure with a toothpick. Place the pieces on a foil-lined baking sheet or baking pan.
- Brush each piece of bacon wrapped chicken with light brown sugar.
- Bake chicken bacon bites in the oven about 15 minutes. Chicken is done when there is no pink left. You can use a meat thermometer to check if the chicken is fully cooked, when it reaches 165°. Be careful not to cook your chicken too long or it will dry out.
- To give your bacon wrap some extra crisp, you can broil them for a few minutes at the end.
Best Dipping Sauces for Bacon Wrapped Chicken Bites
The best dipping sauces for chicken bites or tenders wrapped in bacon include: bourbon barbeque sauce, spicy honey mustard, mayo horseradish blend, honey, tangy ketchup, or garlic aioli.
Bacon bites are delicious on their own. They barely need a side dipping sauce. But if you’re set on putting a sauce option out with your bacon wrapped chicken bites, try one of those options.