A pickle quesadilla is actually quite delicious, believe it or not. This pickle quesadilla recipe uses dill Havarti cheese, which is a nice complement to a dill pickle.
Using Havarti cheese for a quesadilla works well because this cheese melts nicely. A Havarti quesadilla is not as common as, say, a cheddar quesadilla. But you’ll find it’s equally as delicious, especially when paired with pickles.
Looking for a good quesadilla recipe? Try a Traditional Breakfast Quesadilla.
How to Make a Havarti Cheese Quesadilla with Pickles
Making a Havarti cheese quesadilla is so easy. First You’ll need to spend a couple minutes prepping by grading your dill Havarti cheese and slicing or dicing your pickles. You can use pickle slices that are like coins or you can chop them up into small bits.
Next melt some butter in your skillet. Once it is melted lay down a flour tortilla. Sprinkle dill Havarti cheese on one side of the quesadilla. Then top the Havarti cheese with pickles.
Close your quesadilla by folding the empty part over the part with the Havarti cheese and pickles. Then just browned your quesadilla on both sides. It’ll take about 2 to 3 minutes to cook on each side.
How to Serve a Dill Havarti Quesadilla
Deserve your pickle and cheese quesadilla, simply cut it into triangles and serve on a serving plate. You can garnish it with a little sprig of fresh dill herb.
Pickle and Dill Havarti Cheese Quesadilla
- 1 Skillet
- Cheese Grater
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup dill Havarti
- ½ cup pickles (sliced or chopped)
- 2 flour tortillas
- Grate the dill Havarti cheese until you have a heaping mound, about 1½ cup. Chop or slice your pickles until you have about ¼ cup.
- Heat the butter in the skillet until it is melted.
- Add one flour tortilla. On one side of the tortilla, sprinkle half your cheese mixture. Top with pickles.
- Fold the empty side of the tortilla over the dill Havarti cheese and pickles, essentially folding it in half.
- Fry the dill Havarti quesadilla until the bottom is golden brown, about 2 to 3 minutes. Then, flip it over and brown the other side, about another 2 to 3 minutes.
- Transfer to a plate and garnish with sprigs of dill.