Blackened tuna salad lettuce cups are a great lunch bite because they are so easy to make and so flavorful. You can make these easy lettuce cups in less than 10 minutes!
This tuna salad has a twist with the blackened seasoning, which gives it a great little spice. The key is to start with half the blackened seasoning and then add the other half if you’d like it a little spicier.
This blackened tuna salad recipe uses canned or packaged tuna. It’s not a recipe for seared blackened tuna on a bed of chopped lettuce. It’s the kind of tuna salad you make with mayonnaise. Although the tuna salad is served on top of lettuce cups.
How to Make Blackened Tuna Salad
Start by getting all of your ingredients together, including the blackened seasoning, the tuna, and the lemon. You’ll also want a celery stalk and a little bit of mayo as well as salt and pepper on hand.
Next, chop up your celery into about 2 tablespoons and chop up your shallot into about 2 tablespoons as well. You’ll use about one stalk of celery and about a quarter to a half of the shallot.
In a mixing bowl, combine the tuna and your chopped celery and diced shallots. Add about a tablespoon and a half of mayonnaise, the juice from a wedge of lemon, and then about a half of teaspoon of blackened seasoning.
Mix these ingredients together and then taste. Add another half teaspoon of blackened seasoning if you’d like it a little spicier. Add salt and pepper to taste.
How to Serve Blackened Tuna Salad
Add a few spoonfuls of blackened tuna salad to some washed lettuce leaves. You can use Romain lettuce or Bibb lettuce, or any lettuce with large leaves. Then, eat your blackened tuna lettuce wraps like you would eat a taco.
You can also use this blacked tuna salad recipe to make a blackened tuna salad sandwich or to top crackers. The seasoning goes great with buttery crackers like Ritz.
Also try: Dill Havarti and Pickle Quesadilla
Blackened Tuna Salad Lettuce Cups
- Mixing Bowl
- Knife for chopping
- 6 – 8 ounces tuna in olive oil or water
- 1/4 shallot
- 1 celery stalk
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 1 wedge lemon
- ½ – 1 teaspoon blackened seasoning
- ¼ teaspoon salt and pepper
- 4-5 lettuce leaves (romaine or Bibb lettuce)
- Add tuna to your mixing bowl.
- Chop about ¼ of a shallot to get about 2 tablespoons of finely diced shallot. Add it to the mixing bowl.
- Chop the celery stalk into small pieces to get about 2 tablespoons of chopped celery. Add it to the mixing bowl.
- Add the remaining ingredients: mayo, lemon juice, blackened seasoning and a bit of salt and pepper. (Tip: Start with ½ teaspoon of blackened seasoning, then taste. Add more to increase the spiciness.)
- Place your lettuce leaves on a platter and gently spoon some of the tuna salad into each lettuce cup. You can garnish with a little more blackened seasoning and come chopped celery. Eat the lettuce cups as you would a taco.