Making a banana berry hemp seed smoothie with this easy recipe is an excellent way to start your morning.
You’ll simply gather the ingredients, make a few small prep steps, and then mix the fruits, milk, and other ingredients together in a blender or Nutra bullet.
Ingredients for a Banana Berry Hemp Hearts Smoothie
The key to making a smoothie with hemp hearts is to get some good quality hemp seeds. One serving size is 3 tablespoons, which is the perfect amount for one smoothie.
This hemp seed hearts smoothie uses a base of milk. But you can also use a juice like orange juice or cranberry juice if you want to avoid dairy. Or you can simply rely on crushed ice and a frozen banana to get the right consistency for this berry hemp seed smoothie.
Just like with any smoothie recipe, the perfect proportions will depend on your tastes. But a good ratio to start with is:
- 3 tablespoons of hemp hearts, also called hemp seeds
- 1/2 cup of fresh blueberries
- 1/2 cup of fresh raspberries
- 1/2 of a banana
- 1/2 cup of milk
- 4 to 5 ice cubes
- 1 tablespoon of honey
- A pinch of cinnamon
Looking for a great smoothie recipes? Try a Tropical Fruit Smoothie with Almond Milk.
How to Make a Smoothie With Hemp Hearts
Using hemp hearts in a fruit smoothie like a banana berry, smoothie is so easy. You simply combine them with your other ingredients in the blender.
The only prep steps you will need for this recipe are to cut the banana in half and then again into larger chunks for better blending. You’ll also want to wash your blueberries and raspberries well and then pat them dry gently.
Next to combine the ingredients in a blender or a Neutra bullet. Blend on high speed until the fruit is well blended and the ice cubes are blended into fine pieces.
Then to taste your smoothie. If it needs to be sweet or consider adding more honey. If you want a thicker, hemp hearts banana berry smoothie, try adding more ice cubes one at a time.
How Much Hemp Seed in a Smoothie
Three tablespoons of hemp seed in a smoothie are an ideal amount for one serving. This amount gives you a great light flavor, and does not overpower the other ingredients while giving you enough hemp seed to add the nuttiness that it brings to the drink.
Is Hemp Seed Good in Smoothies?
Hemp seed tastes great good in smoothies and adds another texture of earthiness. Its flavors are not too robust that they overpower the fruity ingredients. Using hemp hearts in recipes can help improve a variety of dishes.
Banana Berry Hemp Seed Smoothie
- ½ cup milk
- ½ cup blueberries
- ½ cup raspberries
- ½ banana
- 3 tablespoons hemp heart seeds
- 4-5 ice cubes
- 1 tablespoon honey
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- Rinse 1/2 cup fresh blueberries and fresh raspberries using a wire mesh sieve. Dry gently with paper towels.
- Cut a banana in half and then cut one half of the banana into large pieces.
- Add the fruit and milk to a blender and 3 tablespoons of hemp hearts. Then add ½ cup of milk, 4 – 5 ice cubes, ½ tablespoon of honey, and ¼ teaspoon of cinnamon.
- Blend ingredients in a blender on medium high until well blended and the iced combined smoothly. Pour into a glass and garnish with extra berries. Serve cold immediately.