The steak and blue cheese pasta recipe serves a good amount of people, from 6 to 8, with ample leftovers.
You can use any kind of steak, but in this recipe we used sirloin. Filet mignon, Ribeye, or New York strip can also work well. Cream and blue cheese sauce combine nicely into a lighter sauce that perfectly coats the mushrooms and steak.
You can serve it either by pleading pasta and then topping with the sauce or combining the sauce and pasta beforehand.
This steak and blue cheese pasta recipe will also work well with Gorgonzola or any other kind of blue cheese.
This is a crowd-pleasing dish that will provide excellent leftovers for several days.
Try also: Traditional Carbonara with No Cream.
Steak and Blue Cheese Pasta
- 1 Skillet
- 1 Large pot for boiling pasta
- 1 Knife
- 1 Seive
- 1 lb Steak (such as Sirloin or Filet Mignon)
- 3/4 lb Farfalle pasta
- 8 to 12 oz Sliced portobella mushrooms
- 2 Scallions, chopped, including the white parts
- 3/4 Cup Chicken Broth
- 3 oz Blue Cheese
- 1/2 Cup Heavy Cream
- 1 Tsp Salt
- 1 Tsp Pepper
- 2 Tbls Cooking Oil (Such as olive oil, vegetable oil, or canola oil)
- 2 Tbls Chopped Parsley
- 1/2 Tsp Worcestershire sauce
- Chop the steak into cubed pieces. Slice portobello mushrooms into large chunks if you didn't buy the pre-sliced package. Chop scallions into small pieces.
- Heat 1 Tablespoon of cooking oil in a skillet. Add cubed steak, salt and pepper for seasoning, and cook until medium rare, with the steak browned on each side. Be careful not to overcook the steak. Cook to medium rare. Set steak aside.
- Add another Tablespoon of cooking oil and the mushrooms, and a bit more salt and pepper, to the skillet. Cook for about 3 to 4 minutes, until tender.
- Set the mushroom aside with the steak.
- Add the chicken broth, scallions and Worcestershire sauce to the skillet. Simmer for about 5 minutes.
- Add heavy cream, blue cheese, and the steak and mushrooms into the skillet. Let the entire mixture simmer for about 2 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile, cook the farfalle pasta in a pot of boiling water for about 11 minutes. Salt the pasta water liberally. Drain the pasta.
- To serve, you combine the pasta and steak and blue cheese sauce before serving. Or, you can plate a dish with pasta and top with the steak and blue cheese mixture.
What to cook next? Try Bacon & Bevs recipe for Spicy Candied Bacon.