You can make this dates with goat cheese and honey recipe in less than 10 minutes and have a unique and crowd-pleasing appetizer!
To make goat cheese stuffed dates with honey, start by getting your ingredients together. You’re only going to need four ingredients: dates, goat cheese, chopped walnuts, and honey.
For other delicious cheese stuffed dates recipes, try:
How to Make Goat Cheese Stuffed Dates with Honey
First cut each of your dates in half. You can use either California dates or medjool dates. It’s your preference. But make sure the dates have the pits removed. (If you didn’t buy dates that are unpitted, you will have to remove the pits yourself.)
Then fill each state half with a scoop of goat cheese.
If you have chopped walnuts on hand, consider chopping them to even finer pieces. Do you want your walnuts, chopped and two very small bits. Then put them in a bowl or a pile.
Take each date and dunk it upside down into the walnuts to stick the walnuts to the goat cheese.
This date goat cheese walnut appetizer can be served on a platter then, of course, drizzled with honey.
You can use some toothpicks for easier grabbing or you can just serve them with napkins. Keep in mind this cheese stuffed dates appetizer is a little sticky!
For other appetizers try: Bacon Wrapped Jalapeños with Cream Cheese and Sausage.
Goat Cheese Stuffed Dates with Honey
- 8 – 10 dates
- 2 ounces goat cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped walnuts
- 1 teaspoon honey
- First, gather your four ingredients; dates, goat cheese, chopped walnuts, and honey. Then, cut each date in half.
- Chop your walnuts finely and place them in a small bowl or a pile.
- Use a knife to put fill each date half with goat cheese.
- Dip each goat-cheese filled date into the chopped walnuts, so the walnuts coat the goat cheese. Arrange on a platter how you would like to serve, then drizzle the goat cheese stuffed dates with honey. You can use toothpicks or serve with napkins.